Juicy carrot cake
simple & delicious
Easter is not only an occasion for hide and seek but also for eating sweet things - of course!
On Easter Sunday a juicy Easter cake may not be missing on your table. The recipe for baking among the whole family.
That's what you need:
springform: ca. 20 cm
- 100 g carrots (grated and cleaned)
- 100 g apples (grated and cleaned)
- 1-2 ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 80 g sour cream/Greek yoghurt
- 60 g butter
- 130 g flour
- 1 tsp backing powder
- 1 vanilla pod
What to do:
1. Grate carrots and apples finely and squish the bananas until they're mush.
2. Preheat the oven to 175 d C upper and lower heat. Whisk the egg and yoghurt and stir in melted butter.
3. Mix up flour, baking powder and cinnamon with the scratched-out vanilla pod. Add to yoghurt mixture and stir in shortly but thoroughly. At last, whisk the prepared fruit mush.
4. Grease a small springform and coat with flour. Fill in the dough and smoothen it. Bake the cake for ca. 40 minutes.
Photos by Massimo Adami on Unsplash and "tubas kitchen" on Instagram